Born in Turin, where he has studied composition, orchestra conducting, piano and chamber music, Federico Santi is a musician to wide spectrum today, with a notable repertoire to his asset.
The arward of the first absolute prize and special prize of the Theater of the Opéra de Nice to the IV International Competition for conductors of Orvieto in 2008, handed the young conductor to conduct in the prestigious musical centers with great successes of public and criticism as Manon Lescaut to the “Het Concertgebouw” of Amsterdam, La traviata to the Theater Bunkakaican of Tokyo, Il trovatore to the Opera Bellas Artes of Mexico City, La sonnambula, I Capuleti e i Montecchi, Lucrezia Borgia and Il Pirata at Mariinsky Theater of St. Petersburg. He has debut and conduct for various years a vast opera repertoire.
To signal Don Carlo for the Festival in Alexandria, Petite Messe Solennelle/Rossini, Requiem/Mozart and Faurè in the Cathedral in Turin, the first absolute execution of Le sabotage amoureux/D.Schell on a novel of Amélie Nothomb and La bohème for the Opéra Royal de Wallonie, Le nozze di Figaro and Tosca for the National Opera of Timisoara, the Stabat Mater/Haydn for the Accademia Stefano Tempia of Turin, Une education manquée/Chabrier and La voix humain/Poulenc to Montpellier, Il barbiere di Siviglia, Manon Lescaut and Die lustige Witwe/Lehar to the Festival of Alden Biesen, W la mamma/Donizetti and Die Entführung aus dem Serail to the Opéra of Rouen, Nabucco to the Forest National of Bruxelles, Madama Butterfly to Teatro del Bicentenario of León, Mexico.
Federico is guest conductor at Mariinsky Theater of St. Petersburg. He is currently working on numerous recitals and concerts in collaboration with the soprano Barbara Haveman and he teaches orchestration, playing from score and knowledge of instruments at the Conservatory of Maastricht.
– Orchestra conducting: G.Serembe (Accademia Musicale Pescarese), Yuri
Ahronovitch, Jsaac Karabtchevsky, Vladimir Ponkin (Leipzig), Ennio Nicotra (Peter the Great Music Academy of St. Petersburg).
– Composition: Alexander Ruoi Rui (Torino), K.Stockhausen (Köln)
– Piano: Wally Peroni (Torino), Jorg Demus, Paul Badura-Skoda
– Chamber Music: Claudio Voghera, Franco Gulli- Enrica Cavallo.
– Harpsichord: Emilia Fadini, Walter Kolneder.
– Valery Gergiev (Mariinsky Theater)
– Claudio Abbado (Ferrara Musica)
– Yuri Ahronovitch (Musica Riva Festival)
– Isaac Karabtchevsky (Musica Riva Festival)
– Dietfried Bernet (Opéra National du Rhin)
– Carlo Rizzi (Opéra National du Rhin)
– Alberto Zedda (Opéra Royal de Wallonie)
– Bruno Campanella (Teatro Regio di Torino)
– Paolo Arrivabeni (Torino)
– 2006 first classified audition with the Orchestre Nationale of île de France
– 2008 first absolute award and special prize of the Opéra de Nice to the IV
International conducting competition of Orvieto.
– Guest conductor Mariinsky Teather, St. Petersburg (from 2017)
– Coach singers Academy at Mariinsky Teather, St. Petersburg (2015-2016)
– Permanent conductor Festival of Alden Biesen (2010-2012)
– Maestro collaboratore Teatro Regio di Torino (2003-2005)
– Chorus master Theater Carlo Felice of Genoa (2000-2002)
– Pianist of Orchestra National RAI (1998-2004),
– Pianist of Theater of Sassari (1999-2001)
– Coach singers and teacher maestri collaboratori in the Experimental Lyric Theater
of Spoleto (1999-2005)
– Chorus master Choir Turin (1995-2005)
– Musical stage director Theater in Modena and Ferrara (2001-2002)