Born in Turin, where he has studied composition, orchestra conducting, piano and chamber music, Federico Santi is a musician to wide spectrum today, with a notable repertoire to his asset.
The arward of the first absolute prize and special prize of the Theater of the Opéra de Nice to the IV International Competition for conductors of Orvieto in 2008, handed the young conductor to conduct in the prestigious musical centers with great successes of public and criticism as Manon Lescaut to the “Het Concertgebouw” of Amsterdam, La traviata to the Theater Bunkakaican of Tokyo, Il trovatore to the Opera Bellas Artes of Mexico City, Lucia di Lammermoor, Lucrezia Borgia, Anna Bolena, La favorita, Linda di Chamounix, Gemma di Vergy, La sonnambula, Il Pirata, Beatrice di Tenda at Mariinsky Theater of St. Petersburg and I Capuleti e i Montecchi for the prestigious Festival “Stars of the White Nights”.
He has debut and conduct more than 50 operas. His many accomplishments include I Capuleti e Montecchi, Il barbiere di Siviglia to Teatro Comunale di Bologna and a tour in Japan, W la mamma/Donizetti and Die Entführung aus dem Serail to the Opéra of Rouen, the first absolute execution of Le sabotage amoureux/D.Schell on a novel of Amélie Nothomb and La bohème for the Opéra Royal de Wallonie, Nabucco to the Forest National of Bruxelles, Madama Butterfly to Teatro del Bicentenario of León, Mexico, Peter Grimes to the Opéra Grand Avignon, Une education manquée/Chabrier and La voix humain/Poulenc to Montpellier, Cavalleria rusticana/Pagliacci for the Ente Luglio Musicale Trapanese, Il cappello di paglia di Firenze/Rota for the Ente concerti”M. de Carolis” Sassari, Don Carlo for the Festival of Alexandria, Petite Messe Solennelle/Rossini, Requiem/Mozart and Faurè in the Cathedral in Turin, Le nozze di Figaro and Tosca for the National Opera of Timisoara, the Stabat Mater/Haydn for the Accademia Stefano Tempia of Turin, Il barbiere di Siviglia, Manon Lescaut and Die lustige Witwe/Lehar to the Festival of Alden Biesen, L’Elisir d’amore at Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Theatre Moscow…
He has also dedicated himself to the study and deepening of a vast symphonic repertoire, conducting numerous symphonic concerts, from Haydn to contemporary composers, with particular regard to German, Russian and French romanticism and post-romanticism (see repertoire).
Federico is guest conductor at Mariinsky Theater of St. Petersburg. He is currently working on numerous recitals and concerts in collaboration with the soprano Barbara Haveman, he is Opera Coordinator and teaches Conducting and Orchestral studies at the Conservatory of Maastricht.
– Orchestra conducting: G.Serembe (Accademia Musicale Pescarese), Yuri
Ahronovitch, Jsaac Karabtchevsky, Vladimir Ponkin (Leipzig), Ennio Nicotra (Peter the Great Music Academy of St. Petersburg).
– Composition: Alexander Ruoi Rui (Torino), K.Stockhausen (Köln)
– Piano: Wally Peroni (Torino), Jorg Demus, Paul Badura-Skoda
– Chamber Music: Claudio Voghera, Franco Gulli- Enrica Cavallo.
– Harpsichord: Emilia Fadini, Walter Kolneder.
– 2006 first classified audition with the Orchestre Nationale of île de France
– 2008 first absolute award and special prize of the Opéra de Nice to the IV
International conducting competition of Orvieto IT. The only Italian conductor to have ever won the first prize to date.
- Valery Gergiev (Mariinsky theater)
- Claudio Abbado (Ferrara Musica)
- Carlo Rizzi (Opera National du Rhin)
- Alberto Zedda (Opéra Royal de Wallonie)
- Bruno Campanella (Teatro Regio di Torino)
- Dietfried Bernet (Opéra National du Rhin)
- Paolo Arrivabeni (Torino)
- Yuri Ahronovitch (Musica Riva Festival)
– Opera coordinator at Conservatory Maastricht (from 2022)
– Guest conductor Mariinsky Teather, St. Petersburg (from 2017)
– Coach singers Academy at Mariinsky Teather, St. Petersburg (2015-2016)
– Permanent conductor Festival of Alden Biesen (2010-2012)
– Maestro collaboratore Teatro Regio of Torino (2003-2005)
– Chorus master Theater Carlo Felice of Genova (2000-2002)
– Pianist of Orchestra National RAI (1998-2004),
– Pianist of Theater of Sassari (1999-2001)
– Coach singers and teacher maestri collaboratori in the Teatro Lirico Sperimentale
of Spoleto (1999-2005)
– Chorus master Choir Turin (1995-2005)
– Musical stage director Theater in Modena and Ferrara (2001-2002)